Thursday, September 3, 2009
Dorthea Lange was an influential documentary photographer and photojournalist , best known for her work during the Great Depression for the FSA. Lange's photographs humanized the tragic consequences of the Great Depression. This photo shows her compassion for her art along with the Photo's subjects.
Edward Curtis was a photographer back in the late 1800's until his death in the mid 1900's. His photography was based on old western American life, as well as Native American peoples. This photo shows the Native American Indians.
Monday, August 31, 2009
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Thursday, February 5, 2009
- What are the three basic elements of a camera? ANSWER: an optical element (the lens), a chemical element (the film) and a mechanical element (the camera body itself).
- What is an SLR camera? ANSWER:The single-lens reflex (SLR) camera uses an automatic moving mirror system which permits the photographer to see exactly what will be captured
- What is the purpose of a camera's aperture? ANSWER;a setting on some cameras that allows the user to choose a specific aperture value while the camera selects a shutter speed to match
- What does shutter speed on a camera control? ANSWER:in photography, shutter speed is the length of time a shutter is open; the total exposure is proportional to this exposure time
- To get the right exposure for a picture, what three things must be balanced? ANSWER: Apperture
• Shutter speed
• Film sensitivity or sensor sensitivity
- To take pictures outside on a very sunny day, would you use a high or low film speed? Why? ANSWER: slow speeds are for outside and High speeds are for indoors
- What are the four steps for developing black and white film? ANSWER: the developer, the stop bath, fixer, hypo clearing agent
- What things are needed to make a black and white print? ANSWER: same a #7
- For a black and white print, the final image is actually what material? ANSWER:the final image is actually developed silver